About The Institute
Kadir Has University (Turkey, Istanbul): The Evolution of Industry and Ideas
Kadir Has University (KHU) was founded in 1997, in Istanbul. The university, with its five faculties of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Economics and Administrative Sciences, Communication, Law and Fine Arts, as well as its several vocational schools, is dedicated to becoming a leader in educational and cultural fields in Turkey, as well as establishing itself as an international center for research and scientific development.
Behind ancient Byzantine walls stands the oldest part of Istanbul. These ramparts distinguish and define Cibali, the neighborhood where Kadir Has University's main campus is situated. It is only a few meters away from the Haliç, the harbor inlet known to English speakers as "the Golden Horn," since Ottoman times. Cibali takes its name from the time of the conquest of Istanbul when, according to common belief, a soldier from Bursa named Cebe Ali Bey entered the city by breaking through the rampart doors. Since that time this entryway into the city has been called Ali Bey, and the neighborhood, Cibali.
Located nearby, in the present neighborhood of Unkapani, was the Zeugma, a port which opened into the city's economic center during the Ottoman era and which continued to be used until the 19th century. Activity around the Zeugma brought liveliness to the surrounding area, but Cibali also benefited from this hustle and bustle: Ottoman warehouses and caulkers along the Haliç shore of Cibali gave witness to the flourishing businesses in that part of the area. In earlier times Cibali's harbor called the Puteae, or Porto del Pozzo, was lined with warehouses bursting with goods destined for the consumers of Istanbul. The passageways through the Cibali gates were instrumental in getting these goods from the port and into the city.
After the conquest the Cibali area started to develop. Cibali became a favorite of sea captains and famous seafarers like Murad Reis, Mustafa Pasa and Kemal Reis all had mansions in the neighborhood.
Courses you can do
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical - Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Management Information Systems
- Bioinformatics and Genetics
- Business Administration
- International Trade and Finance
- International Relations
- Political Science and Public Administration
- American Culture and Literature
- Industrial Design
- Graphic Design
- Interior Architecture and Environmental Design
- Banking and Insurance
- Real Estate and Asset Valuation
- Accounting and Financial Management
- International Trade and Logistics
- Communication Design
- Public Relations and Information
- New Media
- Radio, Television and Cinema
To apply to Kadir Has University you will have to complete online application form. Before starting your application please make sure that you have a ready to upload electronic copies of the following documents:
- Copy of your Passport with personal information page on it. If you don’t have a valid international passport at the time of application, please upload a copy of your national ID.
- Copy of an official document signifying successful completion of high school – diploma in many countries (if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated)
- Copy of an official high school transcript national or internationally recognized test results or provisional results if not available by the time of submission.
- Copy of English language proficiency test results if available. The following examination results are accepted at Kadir Has University:
- TOEFL-IBT min. 79 (Kadir Has University institutional code is 7524)
- IELTS min 5.5
- ÜDS min. 66
- CAE min. B
- CPE min. C
- PTE Academic min. 71